Saturday, June 5, 2010

Cereal #15: Cocoa Pebbles

YouTube launched around 2005... about my sophomore or junior year in college. So the first year we gathered around our computers laughing at Homestar Runner, instant messaging, or downloading hoards of music. Then came along facebook and myspace and the art of stalking people you don't know. And then the mass video sharing. I remember one of the first videos I watched was Cereal and Milk. Its a song originally written and performed by G. Love and the Special Sauce that these two (adorable) guys from Virginia Tech lip synced. It took off with the college community and has stuck with me as a fond memory.

Cocoa Pebbles is the first chocolate cereal that I've ever purchased. Not consumed... just bought. I would say that I feel more like an adult since I'm able to actually choose to buy it... but that would be defeating the purpose since its... well... Cocoa Pebbles! And who needs to buy chocolate milk by the carton when you can make it yourself?

My next experiment will be rolling mint chocolate chip ice cream in ground up Cocoa Pebbles. The combinations now are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment